Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fear of the Unknown

The past couple of days I've been really stressed out over work and school situations. I hate not knowing what my future hold. For the past couple of days I've been especially anxious concerning my job. I wonder if I should just try to find a new job altogether as my current one doesn't seem very stable and it also causes me considerable stress. Now more than ever I feel motivated to get a job in something I am really interested in and want to do. But the idea of looking for a new job and possibly moving out this fall to go to college worries me too and I find myself thinking endless 'what if' questions and it's not like I have any answers to my questions. My eye is twitching again...it hasn't done that in a long time and it only happens when I'm really stressed. I think I need to take a breath and just chill. Unfortunately this isn't something I am really good at.

This verse is comforting though.

Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

In these uncertain times this verse is certainly encouraging. I hope it encourages you too.

No comments: