Saturday, April 26, 2008

So what can I say?

Quite a bit has happened since I last blogged. Too much to go into here. Suffice it to say that things are crazy. Work is very tense, more people have been coming to see the house, and allergy season has definitely arrived. Zyrtec isn't as much help as I hoped it would be. :(
But let's see, what's gone on since I last blogged...my parents went to Massachussetts last Wednesday to see my grandmother and help her get settled back into her home after getting out of the rehab center for her knee. They said it was a great visit and they got a chance to meet my cousin's new baby and my other cousin's fiance as well as see a lot of other family members. They came back that Sunday. While they were gone we had 2 calls from realtors with people who wanted to see the house. So that made me pretty panicky and I spent a lot of time cleaning the house. I was up till 1 am on Friday trying to get things cleaned up and then was up again at 6:30 Saturday morning and cleaned some more. In the end the first couple was an hour and a half late and the other was an hour and a half early and we missed the second couple because we were out. I was one unhappy camper. I felt like it was all my fault that we missed the second couple, but they didn't call or anything. At least the first group called to say they would be late. It wasn't all bad though. We had a few members of our Bible study come over for curry and we watched 2 episodes of the Muppet show (they made us watch it because we had never seen it before...I don't think I cared for it much) and Mystery Science Theater 3000. And on Sunday we went next door for Bible study and everyone just kind of brought their leftovers and we had a buffet lunch and played games afterward. It's very nice having family and close friends right next door to you. :) It was nice to have my parents home again too that evening. I don't like being in charge of keeping a house ready to show.
We finished Bleak House. My sister, her sister-in-law, and a friend of ours all decided to have a girl's night and watch Bleak House. It was really good. I'd seen most of it before a long time ago, but it was really nice to hang out with the ladies. I think we're going to continue it and watch Jane Eyre next.
Work is very uncomfortable right now. Ever since the one doctor announced she was leaving and only gave a week's notice there has been a lot of tension in the office. The parting was not very peaceful and has caused some other problems. I know it will eventually calm down, but I don't enjoy being there right now.
Last night my sister hosted a Pampered Chef show put on by our friend Becky. She just started doing consulting and it was a lot of fun. I ordered some stencils and cake decorating bottles and tips as well as some spices to make into dips and seasonings.
I have so many ideas of things I want to make and do this spring and summer. I haven't really done anything though because it's not a good time to make a big mess. I'm hoping to get to work on some projects though sometime soon.

I'm planning a trip to Texas this June to see my godmother. I can't wait. She lives in Austin and the last time I went there I loved it. It would be so fun to live there. I hope I can work it out with my work schedule so I can go out and visit!
Well, I guess I'll stop here. Hopefully I'll have something interesting to write about sometime soon.

No comments: