Friday, April 4, 2008

The task of art today is to bring chaos into order. --Theodor Adorno

I'm not very good at that kind of art. :P

Sometimes life just seems like one chaotic whirl. One chaotic whirl that has me caught unprepared and helpless. Sometimes I don't want to deal with it. I want to just go back to sleep and not face the day, which, of course, would be totally impractical. I'm struggling with that lately, and I'm trying to not to let those feelings get the best of me. They're just feelings after all.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8

That's what I need to think about. Not what's currently causing stress in my life. Life is constantly dealing with stress. Last night I was stressed out so I came home and checked email and some of the blogs I read and came across this over at My Messy Thrilling Life's blog. Of course I had to try it. I know it's awful to make cookies because you're stressed, but I really didn't eat much of it (honest!) I just wanted to do something kinda creative and this is
what I did.
I think it came out really good! Then again, it's a chocolate chip cookie so of course I thought it was good. I would have taken a picture of it in the skillet, but my siblings and I got into it before I thought to get my camera. My brother ate 3 big pieces before bed and another this morning. Then he said he got a stomach ache. No wonder. I couldn't do that. I should bring one to work sometime. I think everyone would like it.
This is just a really huge piece that was left over and I got a picture of it before someone ate it.

This morning I went with my sister up to town to go to the bank and grocery store. We had a nice time. It's cold out. It was so beautiful outside on Tuesday and now it's cold and gray out. I can't wait until spring is here to stay! While I was at the store I picked up these Daisies. My lilies died. I do like having flowers around the house. It makes the house seem nicer. We had
someone come look at the house yesterday. This is the third time the house has shown since the middle of December. Not too good since the last house we sold was only on the market a few weeks before it sold. It scared me though. It's starting to sink in that we are really trying to move. I know it will be a good thing, it's just the longer I wait I start to lose my nerve.
One of the ladies at work was telling me that at the wellness center gym she goes to they have yoga classes there on Monday nights and Friday mornings which is perfect for me. I'm seriously thinking of joining over there and taking classes. It's cheaper to have a membership there (I get a discount for working for a doctor, even though my doctor is a dentist) and just take yoga than it is to find a yoga class. Plus they offer all kinds of stuff like tai chi (sounds dorky, but I've always wanted to try it!), a pool, sauna, machines, and they are open earlier an stay open later than my gym does. So I'm about to head out and close out my current gym membership. I wasn't going to switch gyms since we're moving, but I still don't know how long we'll be here and I want to do this. Plus the chiropractor said it would be good for me. The lady at work who was telling me this has a membership there and said she would take the class with me if I sign up so I think I'm going to do it. I'm hoping it will be a good thing!

Tonight we're going to my sister's house to watch Bleak House. I saw bits and pieces of it a few years ago on Masterpiece Theatre and liked it so I'm excited to go see it. It's going to be me and my sisters and mom and a few other ladies we're friends with and a couple jars of Nutella. Sweet. :)

No comments: