Saturday, September 6, 2008

Another week over...almost.

So what can I say about this week? It wasn't very interesting. It was rough for me actually. I haven't been feeling very well and I know part of it is allergies. I am a little concerned that I may be coming down with a cold or something too. Mom is trying to make me keep up with my vitamins, which is good. I haven't been taking them lately because they make my tummy hurt. :( Maybe I should take them and just bear it though because my throat is kind of scratchy.

Homework has been a struggle this week too. My Microsoft Office class is really confusing me. I looked into tutoring at the school and no one seems to be available for the Microsoft Office course. My teacher isn't very informative and a little hard to get in touch with. That's the class that is really getting me down. The other classes are actually fairly enjoyable. I like my economics class (also online). The teacher is very friendly and even though none of us have ever met, she has special discussion threads each week where we can just talk to each other and get to know each other in addition to our regular class discussion thread. I like the way she set the class up.

Our Campus Crusade meeting this week was a struggle too. Not very many people came at all and I don't know if that was just a fluke or if that means a lot of people just lost interest. We don't really know what we're doing. I hope we can figure it out before everyone loses interest and doesn't want to be a part of it. I am really hoping it will be a good ministry at school. We are having a meeting today (so far only one other person is coming besides Adam and me although we called quite a few people. No one has gotten back to me.) to just try and open communications and get feedback from everyone. I was in touch with Randy (the guys who runs all the Campus Crusade ministries in WV) and he said he could come lead a few studies until we are on our feet and said that every new ministry has its struggles. That was encouraging.

I start work at my new job this week! A new office to learn, but at least I know the folks who work there already. And whats more is, I enjoy all the people who work there! Well, all the ones I know anyway. I am pretty excited. I think I will end up working about 20 hours a week and the office is really close to school and my doctor is really supportive of me finishing school. Actually she has be on my case for the past year trying to make sure I finish school! I'm really glad I can go back and work with her and Pam.

The weather here is really rainy. It's supposedly because of some tropical storm or hurricane (I haven't been paying much attention to the news if you couldn't already tell...lol) that is...somewhere. That's pretty pathetic that I don't know what's going on, but right now that is just the situation I am finding myself in. It's nice to have a rainy day. I used to really dislike them. I get sick of rain if it continues to rain for more than 3 days in a row. But a few rainy days are very nice I think. Especially when you are going to go to a coffee shop to meet with a friend to talk about the Bible and ministry in less than an hour. I may even bring my camera and my knitting and blog about the whole thing!

Then I'll come home and finish my homework. Which is only a speech paper and a Microsoft Office word document project. I am going to make it a point to finish my homework earlier in the week. It's weird that I had the whole week off and still put off a lot of homework till the end of the week. No more!
Plus I am going to start walking on the treadmill again. Hmm...maybe those vitamins Mom made me take did make me feel a little better...I feel slightly more motivated than I did before.

Have a happy weekend~

No comments: