Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy Easter

A day celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Who gave his life as a ransom for ours. What a precious gift!

John 15:13 (New International Version)

13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.


We celebrated over at the Frey's house. It was nice to see them again as well as the Curtis family. I can't believe how much their kids have grown.

I did some baking for the occasion. I tried the Strawberry Sugar Bread recipe from My Messy Thrilling Life's blog. It was good. It tasted a little like a zucchini bread. I would make it again.

I got this idea from the same blog. Rice krispy treats on popsicle sticks made infinitely better by dipping in melted semi-sweet and white chocolate and pareils.
They were rather awkward to transport. They were drippy and sticky so I stuck them in the freezer hoping to harden the marshmellow and chocolate enough so they wouldn't fall apart or make a huge mess. It was fun, but I wouldn't recommend making everything the morning of whatever occasion you are taking them too. I cut it very close to making us late because they were more labor intensive than I thought they would be.

I hope everyone else had a happy Easter.

No comments: