Saturday, April 18, 2009

A much anticipated visit

My cousins Erin and Caitlyn came down from MA this weekend to meet Olive. It was very exciting because I haven't seen Erin in almost 5 years and I've never met her daughter, Cheyenne. Cheyenne was almost born on Leap day last year, Olive was born on April Fools day. It was wonderful to meet Cheyenne. She is a sweet, intelligent girl. At 14 months she is already saying 2 word phrases and has a vocabulary of about 150 words (my cousin Erin, being the very involved and devoted mommy that she is, made a list of most of the words she can say and it is about 150!) and can tell you many of the sounds that different animals make. I wish we all lived closer so we could be more involved in each other's lives. I have a great extended family.So I guess Cheyenne and Olive are second cousins? First cousins twice removed? How does that work? Erin and Jacqueline are first cousins so I'm not sure what that makes their daughters. To make it easier we just call them cousins.
Proud (and rightfully so) mommies.

Aren't those little ducky (or are they chicks?) clips cute? Erin bought them off Etsy! Cheyenne pulled one out of her hair so we put in in Olive's hair. She has a lot of hair for an infant.
I do hope it won't be another 5 years before our next visit. That is too long.

I really want to get up to MA this summer to see my Grandma. She has pretty much lost her eyesight and is having a hard time finding ways to keep busy. I think she is discouraged and a little depressed. I want to see her before something happens to her. Especially since I will be starting college in the fall and I don't know how easy it will be to get up there.

Lord willing, something will work out. In the meantime I really enjoyed my visit with the girls.

No comments: