Monday, March 17, 2008

Four Day Weekend Part 2

I got my Global College of Natural Medicine course in today! I'm so happy. Here are some of the materials that came in my box today. I think I'm really going to enjoy this. And if I do, I might order their Master Herbal program sometime down the road. I just hope I like it and do well! I can't wait to get started. I have to send in some papers to them first though. Hopefully I will get that done soon.
Today was also part 2 in our sewing get-together from last time. Becca came over and my sister and the little girl she babysits came too and we did a lot of sewing. My sister made Easter dresses for her 2 nieces and Hope (using that fabric that is pre-shirred at the top which came out adorable!) Hope said she wanted to keep hers for life. :) Here is a photo of our machines just waiting to go. We all have different kinds. I like my sister's. It's a Kenmore and the entire thing is metal. It's very sturdy. I have a brother which is falling apart but I love it, and Becca uses a Singer. I have no idea what kind of machines are really good and which aren't. One of these days I'd like to get a better machine because even though I like mine, it's falling apart. I've been using it since I was about 9 or 10 and I'm 19 now. I was kind of rough on it.

And this is the bag that I made. The outside is linen while the inside is a cotten paisley print. I realized after making it and going back to the tutorial I followed that when I drafted the pattern I think I was supposed to make the sides of the bag kind of narrow in a little bit, which I did not do. I like the basic shape of the bag, but I have some adjustments I would like to make to it. It was fun and easy to do though so I would recommend it. I think I would still like to add an applique to this one and/or maybe some embroidery. And I have ideas for the next one I make too! I really like the linen. I can see why people enjoy using it so much. It just wrinkles a lot.
And last, but not least, a picture of all of us. I enjoyed our time together. It was fun. :)

I am thankful for:

  1. 4 day weekend!
  2. Friends and family to hang out with and sew with.
  3. sunshine and warmer weather.
  4. my course came in!
  5. Spring break (although I don't really get one, but my college friends will be coming home and I get a chance to see them!).
I still have a pretty busy week ahead of me. Tomorrow I go back to work and when I get off there is Bible study. And on Thursday we are having a baby shower for one of our girls at work. It is a surprise. We are doing it over lunch. I will hopefully get pictures of those events to post!

No comments: