Saturday, May 9, 2009

I take it back

I wrote a post awhile ago saying that I had found ways to deal with my allergies and that they have gotten much better throughout the years. Well, nature must have gotten wind of my boasting and served up a double dish of pollen/oak/ragweed or something because I am just miserable! I'm taking 2 types of allergy medications (one which makes me very drowsy) and still after being outside for a mere few minutes I am sneezing and my throat itches. So I am staying indoors. As much as I want to get out there and enjoy this beautiful weather I would prefer even more to not have an allergy attack. So my throat and nose are okay. My skin is faring well. But my eyes...oh my eyes...for the past week at least my eyes have been burning and watering and itching like crazy and I admit that I have rubbed them. I try not to. I really do. And I've been using lots of eye drops. But when they get going there is just no stopping the discomfort. It feels like there are big lumps inside my eyelids and I feel like I have to get them out. In the end my eyes end up all bloodshot and the rims around my eyes are all red and puffy like I've been crying. My boss told me I looked like I was chinese...I think that's a little drastic but they are definitely swollen and red. And painful.

Does anyone feel sorry for me yet??? (taps fingers...silence...crickets...)

No comments: