Saturday, May 2, 2009

Spring-y

I took this photo on my drive home. This is the road to our house. If you stay on it and go past the turn we are the first house on the left. It is looking kind of pretty here lately. You can see the purple trees lining the road. What you can't see so clearly is all the honeysuckle on those bushes that are also lining the road. This street has honeysuckle growing all along it and during the summer it smells so nice down here.

It is spring again. We had a mini-August earlier this week with weather in the 90s(!) but thankfully it is back to the 60s and 70s this weekend. As you can see there is a lot of color outside. Nice greens and pinks and purples and whites (I know white is not technically a color, or is that black?) all over the place. Some of the trees that I pass on my way to work and school look like they are bursting with color!

I was talking to Becca a few weeks ago about the weeping cherry tree at our school and how beautiful it is and how out of place it is because it is in front of an old mill and parking lot. It is huge and it should be someplace that will showcase how gorgeous it is. She told me that weeping cherry trees are grafted trees. That they are weeping willow bases with cherry tree tops and they fuse together and you end up with a weeping cherry tree. Isn't that amazing? You know, it made me think about the verse that says that Jesus has grafted us into the family of God. Grafting is beautiful! And those weeping cherry trees are my favorite tree during the spring-time. They just look like they are dripping flowers everywhere.

But enough about trees. They are beautiful, but boy they are part of a big problem for me! I tell you these allergies are making me crazy! I had a rough time with my eyes today. I have been using drops constantly, but it isn't helping very much. It feels like the skin around it is burned. I'm not sure if that is because the eye drop solution is bothering it or if it is something else.

I found out that I am not eligible for any pell grants this year. I only qualify for a loan that will pay for part of my yearly bill. I am frustrated! I'm going to fill out some scholarship applications and look into finding loans from other places, but it is making me very stressed out! Mom is telling me not to worry so much and to take things one day at a time. I know I am lucky to have been able to get through school so far without accumulating any debt. College is just very expensive. Even though the financial aspect of college has be frustrated and a little bit worried I am excited about going and studying nutrition. I'll be relieved when I have all my ducks in a row and I have some idea of what I'm doing.

I had my doctor appointment on Thursday. Aside from getting all of my allergy prescriptions refilled it was not a very helpful visit. My thyroid is fine and she wants me to go see a new chiropractor who does not accept my insurance, or any insurance for that matter. I probably won't go see her. But I am thinking of visiting a physical therapist to see if that will help my back and neck. So I am still tired and foggy and all that stuff. I think one very important thing to learn in life is you have to take care of yourself and look for your own answers to questions about things like health, etc. You can't rely on a doctor to do it for you. Even the best of doctors cannot know everything about you so you just have to try to be in tune with your body and research for yourself. Basically we are each responsible for our own well-being. You know, I am the reason I want to study nutrition and fitness. I am determined to find a way to become really healthy and hopefully I can help others do the same thing. It's the whole 'physician heal thyself' thing. Only I am not going to become a physician. Not on your life!

These past couple of days have been pretty nice. Laid back and chill...yesterday I worked from 9:30 to 5:30. I rented Bedtime Stories and we watched that. I didn't wake up till about 10:30 this morning. I went out and returned a purchase to Target and I got my hair cut. I'm not sure what I think of it yet, but it feels really nice. I had them do a reviving treatment to restore the proper pH balance in my hair (that's what the hairdresser said). I'll give it a couple of days and then I'll probably like it. It has been almost a year since I had my hair cut! I think since last June? I have a phobia of hairdressers. :)

It's late and even though I slept in I am already tired. I think there will be a little crafting going on soon...especially once finals are over! Freedom is so close...it is in sight. Just a week and a half away. :)

No comments: