Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Inclement Weather policy: stay indoors!

It's snowing. It's supposed to snow all day and night and we're supposed to get freezing rain too. For some people this is cause for rejoicing. I don't like this weather though. I am looking forward to spring so much, even though I get really bad springtime allergies.

I think I've gotten a little bit better about coping with winter. I used to get really mad every time it snowed (like getting mad is going to change anything) and I'd mope and pout until the weather cleared up. This was partly because it seemed to always snow on ballet days or youth group days and we wouldn't be able to go. Now that I'm in school and I work I don't mind a day off as long as work and/or school is closed. If they're open though and I just can't get there because our roads haven't been salted or plowed or something then I get really upset. I worry that I'm going to get behind on my homework or something and it stresses me out. But these past couple of winters have gone by quickly for me. The years have been going by quickly actually. It seems like I blink and they're gone. It's a little scary.

So it's 11:45 and I'm still in my pajamas. I left all my textbooks and yoga stuff in the car last night since I got home at 10 pm. I think I'm going to go bring them in and finish up some homework. Then I am thinking about making a yoga mat bag. I don't even have a strap to carry mine with and it's always coming unrolled. I got rid of a lot of fabric and now I have some extra storage so I might try to do some organizing too. I was talking to my friend Diana yesterday and I was saying how messy my room is and she said she thought I was the kind of person to have everything organized and labeled. I wish! I can be kind of a perfectionist at work (this doesn't mean I don't forget things at work, just that I take it to heart and panic and feel bad about it all day and it makes me miserable) but it sure doesn't overflow to my homelife. Or even school. I make good grades and all, but my homework goes in at the last minute and I never keep track of my work very well. I should do better. I think that was one of my New Years resolutions...I think? It's been a long time since New Years. 27 whole days!

<> I'll figure it out. :)

No comments: