Saturday, January 24, 2009

My blogiversary!

I can't believe I've been blogging for a whole year now! January 20 was my 1 year blogiversary. In that time I've written almost 200 posts. This blog has been a source of much inspiration and a wonderful place to record the little things that have happened throughout the year. It's also motived me to take lots pictures which I think has improved my photography skills a little bit. In the year I've been blogging I've become quite attached to a few blogs out there and have even been able to get to know a few other bloggers out there via email. It's been a lot of fun. I'm grateful for this experience. I believe the proper thing to do is hold a giveaway or something like that right about now, but I don't have anything to give away at the time. I would like to do a giveaway at some point so maybe that is something that will happen this year. Since we had our high speed internet disconnected and I started school I haven't been able to keep up with this blog as much as I would like to. I miss it. I miss making things and posting pictures. I miss recording the silly little things that happen in my life throughout the week. I'm hoping to start posting more often. We are still trying to find a way to get a faster speed internet connection and if we can then I'm anticipating a lot of blogging going on. I can't wait!

Today I went up to Becca's house with Jacqueline and Susan for a knitting party. So fun! Becca has caught the knitting bug and I'm hoping I catch it from her. There were a lot of ladies at the house and all had brought some kind of project to work on. It's hard not to get excited when you are in that kind of environment! Becca showed me a bunch of knitting magazines that she had and there was some great stuff in them. I want to try to knit a sweater vest. I think that will be easier than knitting a whole sweater. There were also lots of knitted skirt patterns in the magazine...they look awesome! I'm toying with the idea of trying to make one of those. They look so comfortable and pretty. If you knit it tight enough they won't be see-through or anything. Most of the magazines I had brought were from 2005. I can't believe that it's been 3 years since I was really into knitting. I really haven't done any serious knitting in a long time. Mostly just sewing. I've been so busy that when I do a project I want it to be finished fast! Sewing provides that instant gratification since I can usually complete a project in 1 or 2 days. Knitting takes a much longer time, and can take even longer if you make a mistake! But maybe knitting will remind me to slow down and take some time out to relax.

I had a dream a few days ago that my eyebrows were as long as my regular hair (which is getting pretty long). It was really weird. I kept trying to tuck my eyebrow hair behind my ears so it wouldn't fall in my eyes. I was hoping that people wouldn't notice it that way. It was the weirdest dream. In the end I tried to cut my long eyebrows so they would look normal and I ended up cutting them almost completely off. I'm not sure what brought that whole dream about. It was funny albeit a little disturbing.

I went to Charleston last Thursday for a 'business trip.' I went with my Doc and Pam. It was fun, but I roomed with my doctor and that was stressful. I love my boss and she's great and all, but wouldn't you be stressed out if you spent 3 days sharing a room with your boss? I took a few pictures. We stayed at a Marriott. I love those hotels. :) They're my home away from home. It was right across the street from a 3 story mall. Nice. :) We spent a lot of time there between classes. It was so cold out that there wasn't a whole lot else to do. Pam and I wanted to go to Capitol street because we heard it was really pretty there, but the temperature was in the teens and we weren't ready to freeze to death just to see a pretty street. There was a beauty pageant going on while we were there. I'd say there were about 100 girls running around with their sashes on over their clothes and they were all dolled up. We saw a Miss Timber and Woods, Miss Volcano, Miss Woodchopper, Miss Hot Dog Festival and the funniest was Miss Roadkill. There were a lot of others but I can't remember what all their sashes said. We were at the hotel to attend a bunch of expanded functions courses for dental assistants and doctors. It was really interesting. I enjoyed it. This Thursday we had CPR training at the office which is very interesting and also quite painful. My wrist was very sore and bruised the next day. Yesterday was a very long day at work. 10 hours! It's good though. Since getting my hours cut I've been trying to put in as many extra hours as I can and I'm glad I was able to work a lot this week. That will put me a little bit closer to paying off my school bill! Speaking of school this was my first week back. I think I'm going to really like my chemistry professor. I think the class will be really busy and probably hard, but I'm looking forward to it anyway. Ditto that for my math class. I love math, but it's been over a year since I have had a math class. I hope it will go well. Yoga starts on Monday! I'm SO excited! I hope my teacher is tough!

The inauguration was interesting. I hope Obama does well. I think the best part of the day was watching Bush's speech at his welcome home rally in TX. He looks so happy to be finished with his 2 terms. I'm happy for him. His speech was funny. It made me miss Texas for some reason. I think I'm going to miss President Bush. While he wasn't the perfect president, I liked him and I feel bad that people are so negative towards him. I remember when he won the election 8 years ago. I can't believe how quickly time flies. It doesn't seem like so much time has gone by, but 8 years is a long time. In his speech, Bush said, "the days are long, but the years are short." Too true...too true.

What a day...what a year.

No comments: