Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sick

Well, this break has been wonderful. Relaxing, fun, lazy...I was so exhausted from school and work and it's been such a relief to have this vacation! God must have known I really needed one.

New Years was fun. I spent it in DC at the annual Cru conference RADIATE. I had a lot of fun there and met quite a few lovely people (and an overly friendly security guard, but more on that in another post) and learned a lot from the wonderful speakers! I came home and got to see my aunt and cousins (which was awesome! I haven't seen them in a long time.) and then I got sick. I knew I would. I said I would even before I left for the conference. And I was right. Because in less than 8 hours of being home I was sick. As in sore throat, headache, fever, congestion, fatigue and a barking cough kind of sick. I'm feeling much better today. After 3 full days of simply laying on the couch sleeping and watching TV and browsing the computer occasionally and then of 2 days feeling a little better, but sticking close to home, I'm feeling really good and I'm going back to work today. I really need to work because school is starting in a couple of weeks and do you think I'm ready to pay my school bill? Not even close to it! But that's okay. I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

The worst part of being sick has been that I gave my cold or whatever this is (it's a mean cold!) to both my sisters. I hate that! It makes me feel guilty. I tried to stay away from Jacqueline as much as possible because I really didn't want her to get sick since she's pregnant, but she still caught it. The other worst part was that I had to cancel plans to go out with my sister and our friends for coffee. Our dear friends Rebecca and Courteney that I've known since 7th grade were both home for Christmas. Court was home from college and her sister (she and Jacqueline both got married during the same year) was here with her husband and they were visiting their families for Christmas. They live in Indiana, so we don't get to see them very often. Now Rebecca has gone home and Court is going back to school on Friday, and I don't know if we will be able to manage to squeeze in one more visit or not. Bummer!

Well, it is 10:30 and I have an hour before I have to leave, so I will stop here. I do have a bunch of pictures to post and things to write about. We have 'higher' speed internet now. It's not as fast as high speed, but I think it's faster than dial-up. Plus I have a free internet card to use at our coffee shop so maybe before this break is totally over I'll be able to kidnap one of the laptops and spend an afternoon blogging my little heart out. Once the sun comes out I'll take pictures of the stuff I SEWED! I have ideas for some more sewing projects that I would like to do too. And of course I want to post my pictures from RADIATE. And I'd like to write about the stuff I learned while I was there. :)

So until later~

No comments: