Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rainy days



A view from our porch today as the sun was going down. It was raining, but you can't tell it is from these photos. It was thundering and raining and Holly came out with her ipod and speakers and played Enya's song Wild Child. Here are the lyrics. It's a pretty song.


Ever close your eyes
ever stop and listen
ever feel alive
and you've nothing missing
you don't need a reason
let the day go on and on

Let the rain fall down
everywhere around you
give into it now
let the day surround you
you don't need a reason
let the rain go on and on

What a day
what a day to take to
what a way
what a way
to make it through
what a day
what a day to take to
a wild child

Only take the time
from the helter skelter
every day you find
everything's in kilter
you don't need a reason
let the day go on and on

Every summer sun
every winter evening
every spring to come
every autumn leaving
you don't need a reason
let it all go on and on

[ Lyrics accessible from http://www.rare-lyrics.com ]

Adam came out and told us we were dorks for listening to it in the rain, but he pulled up a chair and joined us. :)

It's been so hot lately. Upper 90s and humid. The heat is supposed to break a little bit and go back to the mid-80s. I'm so thankful that it will be a little cooler! Even the evenings have been really warm and humid.

I finished the Anatomy and Physiology section of my nutrition course! Woo hoo! I'm so happy. I have to finish the coloring book and the chapter review (almost done), but then I'm on to more interesting material.

Not much else is going on. Adam and I have been applying to Word of Life Bible Institute, but I think we were a little late in starting the process and haven't been able to plan finances so it probably won't end up working out this year. I really want to do something as I don't think I'll be getting back into school this fall. Especially since I don't know where I'm going to be. Will we have moved? Should I get back in if we are still here? I just don't know what to do. But I truly believe that God loves me and has a plan for me and that if this didn't work out, it wasn't what He wanted. Or not right now anyway. So I will just have to wait for God to show me what He wants me to do.

Oh, and Jacqueline and Matt (and of course, Django),
I miss you guys. I hope you are having fun on vacation and have a save trip home this weekend. We are all looking forward to seeing you again.
Luv you!

1 comment:

Becky said...

It's cooled down here too, thankfully. We had nasty thunderstorms Monday night and after that the humidity and temperature dropped.