Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thank God it's Thursday!

I made these back at Christmas and never gave them out. That's pretty typical of me actually. I do stuff like that frequently. Like I'll buy a card specifically for someone and never write anything in it and never give it away. It will just sit. Mostly because I don't know what to say. Sad, huh? Hee hee. :)
I had fun making these. I used the cardboard squares that you get out of the quarter yards from JoAnns. Like I said, I got a ton of them to make into Christmas gifts and had a billion of those cardboard squares hanging around.
So combine cardboard with scrapbooking paper which was cut up and used to decorate the "cards."
The snowflakes were cut off of the scrapbooking paper and glued onto the cardboard.
I guess they were more like Christmas postcards. It was a fun way to reuse the cardboard and I thought they were kind of cute. Maybe I'll use them to stick into gift bags as cards this Christmas.


And these were the To: From: tags. They're supposed to look like little ornaments.
Oh this week. I'm so glad the work week is OVER! Woo hoo! Honestly, I am so glad to be off for 3 days. I don't know what's going to happen at my job, but I wish I didn't have to wait so long to find out. Not knowing is not a fun place to be.
There are quite a few areas in my life right now that fit that bill. Not knowing.
Moving. Job. And some family matters...
I do know that God has everything under control. Everything is on His perfect timing. It has just always been hard for me to wait. Someday this will all jut be a memory. A piece of my past. A waiting spot.
I guess we all have waiting spots. Times where we have to wait for God to show us where he wants us to be, what he wants us to do...they are special times for us to draw close to Jesus. And that's what I want and need to do.

On a lighter note, I am meeting my friend Sarah for breakfast tomorrow before she goes back to college for a summer class. I'm so looking forward to it! And I'm looking forward to doing some crafting this weekend. Hopefully I'll have some stuff to show by Sunday. :)

No comments: