Sunday, August 31, 2008

100 Things About Me~ Some you may know, some you may not.

I've done this before. I found it on a blog. You basically list 100 facts about yourself. The first time I did it it was like listing 100 thoughts, which is not exactly what I was going for.

1. I am addicted to chocolate. I know this is a sad truth. I have tried several times to shake the addiction, but so far I have not been successful.
2. I suspect that someday chocolate will be considered a drug you can only get through a prescription. Maybe.
3. I used to get mad at my parents because I thought we moved too much. I mean why couldn't we just stay in one place like 'normal' people.
4. I really want to move. Really. Want. To. Move.
5. Most TV shows irritate me. I think I was happier when we didn't have access to public TV stations. If I want to watch a TV show, I rent the season. I don't often rent shows though.
6. My favorite movies are of the historical fiction genre. I'm thinking Jane Austen and (thanks to Becky) Elizabeth Gaskell. Ditto that for books.
7. When I was younger (like 3 years ago) I really wanted to be able to do contortions. My goal was to be able to sit on my own head. I was inspired by Cirque du Soliel's Allegria.
8. I used to want to major in history. I read (most of) The Historian and watched National Treasure and just thought it was so cool how they knew SO much history. Not that I believe in Dracula or a real national treasure, I just thought it would be fun to be a history teacher. I would be cool. Like Linwood Thompson. And give cool homework.
9. Then I met the history teachers and other history major-ers at my school and immediately changed my mind.
10. In addition to those choices of major, I also wanted to be a nurse, a math teacher (I know...me?), an interpreter, a teacher, a nurse again, a chef, a teacher again, a nurse again, a dental hygienist, a teacher again, a dietician...now I'm planning on dental hygiene again.
11. I am indecisive...as you can probably tell.
12. While I don't think I have middle child syndrome, I do believe that birth order can cause people to develop certain personalities.
13. I wish I read poetry and classic writers, like Charles Dickens. Or rather, I wish I enjoyed reading classic writers and poets. I think my favorite poet is Edgar Allen Poe. He's not the classiest.
14. I have a messy room. Always.
15. I have good intentions.
16. I am not a good speaker.
17. I say 'like' without realizing it.
18. I procrastinate.
19. Some people would say I am under-ambitious.
20. I don't really care what they say.
21. I guess. Most of the time. Unless 'they' happens to be my parents.
22. I work in a dentist office. This somehow seemed to happen without my realizing that it would. And I never thought I would try to stay in the dental field when I went back to school. But you know what, I love my job and my co-workers. They're amazing.
23. The places life takes us are often times so weird.
24. I truly believe that God is in control of everything.
25. So in theory, I don't have to worry about anything in life. But because I'm human and sinful, I do. Even though the Bible commands me not to.
26. I get awful allergies. Mostly in the spring, but lately I have developed fall allergies too. Pretty tragic.
27. I do not have a sense of style. In my opinion. Probably because I am very cheap and won't buy clothes at expensive stores.
28. I buy almost everything on sale. My best buy was a pair of pants that I got on super-duper-awesome clearance for $1.99 that were originally about $40. I was pretty pleased.
29. I talk a lot, but I am actually very shy about sharing the things I really feel and think.
30. I can't even describe how dancing made me feel. It was like everything was still, but everything was chaotic at the same time. And everything was peaceful, but I have never felt more energetic. In some ways, you never even heard the music, you practically became part of the music. I've never felt that way before and I miss dancing so much.
31. I miss our weimaraners. Very much. Someday, I might get my own. If I ever finish school and get my own place.
32. I plan to finish college, but what I really want to do is get married and have a bunch of kids and be a homeschool mom. Last time I checked you don't need a degree to do this. But just in case that ever changes, I plan to be prepared.
33. I think only one of my friends is actually my age. The others are all either older or younger. They are A.W.E.S.O.M.E. people. I love them.
34. I met a lot of people on my job. Here is something I learned through them: there are a lot of hurting people out there. I heard so many stories about kids who were being raised by their grandparents or aunts and uncles because their parents were in jail because of drugs; men and women whose spouses had either passed away and/or left them with kids to raise; folks who had lost their jobs; parents who had children who were wounded in Iraq; foster parents who had to give the kids back...and learned that while there are a lot of people out there who don't know what they're missing out on (family etc.,), there are a lot of people out there who really care about others. It was an honor to meet some of them.
35. I want to be domestic. You know...make my own curtains...bake my own bread...make (some of) my own clothes and blankets. And soap. Or at least some of my own curtains, bread, clothes, blankets and soap. But we'll see if I ever accomplish that.
36. People probably think I'm weird because of this.
37. I think so too.
38. I still want to run a 5K someday. Emphasis on 'someday.'
39. Autumn is my favorite season!
40. I do not like todays actors and actresses. There is not a single one I admire.
41. I go through phases where I try to eat healthy, and then someone buys a pizza and I cave.
42. For years I really wanted straight hair. Now I don't mind it curly. Most of the time.
43. I love sweaters. They remind me of fall. Which is my favorite season, if I haven't mentioned it,
44. At work the radio plays all day. During the holidays I have to listen to everything from Willie Nelson's 'Pretty Paper' (gag) to Elvis Presley's 'Blue Christmas' to Madonna's 'Santa Baby' (vomits). By the time Christmas rolls around I am SO sick of Christmas music. I am greatly saddened by this. I think the radio should be limited to certain musicians and others should be banned.
45. No offense to anyone who loves Willie Nelson, Elvis Presley, or Madonna.
46. I can only listen to talk radio at certain times. Like during an election or something. Other than that it really annoys me.
47. I sing in the car. Loud. And probably off-key.
48. I love that I live in a historic area. It's amazing to walk in old towns and battlefields.
49. If the area wasn't in such turmoil, I would love to visit Israel. Talk about walking on grounds where history was made...the most important history in the world was made in the middle east. I would love to go to Israel and try to visit the historic places mentioned in the Bible.
50. Books are almost always WAY better than the movie. I think this is a scientific fact.
51. I am actually a good student, believe it or not. I was on the President's list twice.
52. I don't actually like school. I have a bad attitude towards it most of the time, and am trying not to. Pray for me.
53. My 'dream job' (aside from being a wife and mom) would be to do crafts with kids and teens. Teaching kids and teens to do crafts. In order to do this, I need to know how to do crafts. It's the most logical thing in the world ever.
54. I think I inherited my love of fiber arts from my Grammy Betty. My dad's mom does watercolor, but I can't draw or paint to save my life, so I'm pretty sure I didn't inherit it from her.
55. I have the fondest memories of watching my Grammy make stuff. She made us blankets, dress-up clothes, doll clothes, aphgans...she could do it all.
56. I am a pretty mellow person. I am trying to be braver and more assertive.
57. I hate getting up in the mornings.
58. This is harder than I thought. 41 facts to go.
59. I have never been away from home by myself for more than 2 days. This is what happens when you are sandwhiched between an older sister and a younger brother. There is always someone to go out with. Both my older sister and my younger brother have been away by themselves for weeks at a time.
60. Blogging has caused me to see the world in a different light. I take pictures of my dinner and hand and table that is covered in paper and fabric and my messy room because that will allow others to see what I see. Also, I probably say things on here that I wouldn't say elsewhere. Because it's like a journal, and I forget that others are looking at it.
61. Being the middle kid can have it's disadvantages, but I am the only kid in the family who can look at my siblings and say, "you are my favorite older sister, you are my favorite brother, you are my favorite little sister, you are my favorite brother-in-law" without offending anyone. Cool huh?
62. I should be working out. Or cleaning my room. Instead I'm sitting here at 11 PM trying to think of 38 more facts about myself.
63. I used to want to be really busy because I thought it would make my life more exciting. Now I want to take time to smell the roses (we don't have roses...make that a chrysanthemum.).
64. I wear a watch.
65. I have never been on a date. I am okay with this. My ideal would be to only ever date one guy and that guy would be the guy I married. I am not ready to get married, so I am not dating. And I didn't want to marry any of the guys who asked me out which is another reason I am not dating.
66. I love having the freedom of driving. And the quiet time in the car.
67. I love sewing and knitting. I crochet too, but I like sewing and knitting better.
68. I don't use shampoo. I'm not sure if I've mentioned that on here before or not. I only use conditioner. My hair has never been healthier.
69. I like making lists. That's why I'm doing this.
70. Great Danes are beautiful dogs, in my opinion.
71. I have been sneezed on by a horse. It was an unpleasant experience.
72. I can't wait to be an aunt. I have all kinds of ideas for baby stuff I want to make. It's going to be fun. :)
73. I have to get up early tomorrow.
74. I will be 20 in 2 months.
75. I am having a Labor Day breakfast with two lovely ladies tomorrow.
76. When it comes to natural disasters and wars, I haven't got an adventurous bone in my body. During hurricanes Dennis and Floyd I was probably living with an ongoing panic attack. On 9/11 I went into my room and cried because my sister wouldn't turn off the TV and I was terrified.
77. Weddings are exhausting. I found this out after being a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding.
78. I got really close to doing a variation on King Pigeons pose in my yoga class. My form was a little bit off. I felt very...stretchy.
79. If I could be any animal I would want to be a dolphin or a bird. Because dolphins are smart, and birds can talk.
80. I have considered moving out west. Someday.
81. Our house has been on the market since the middle of December.
82. I sometimes doubt that we will ever move.
83. I have taken glamour shots of my dogs.
84. I think they actually came out pretty good.
85. I like working with kids.
86. I don't like working on kids who are screaming at me.
87. I like to help pull teeth. It's my favorite part of being a dental assistant.
88. I forget that not everyone likes to help pull teeth and talk to my friends (who don't work in a dental office) all about it. Then I feel embarrassed.
89. I hate cussing. I understand that people get tempted, but it's SO annoying. People are intelligent, they can find other ways to express themselves.
90. My crafting materials are taking over my room and my parent's house.
91. I need to either make stuff and get rid of it, or throw out a lot of my crafting stuff.
92. I try to drink a lot of water. It doesn't always happen.
93. I get a lot of headaches. It is not pleasant.
94. Aspartame gives me a headache. That stuff is seriously bad for you.
95. I actually like wearing scrubs. I didn't think I would, but I do.
96. I wear boring shoes. Mainly flip flops, earth shoe sandals, sneakers and clogs. I can't wear high heels or flats because they are uncomfortable.
97. I registered to vote back when I got my license which was over a year ago. I still haven't gotten my card. I keep meaning to call about that and I keep forgetting. Because of recent events, I want to vote! Before that, I will admit that I was kind of apathetic about voting because I didn't like any of the candidates.
98. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.
99. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. You get to make food, visit with friends and oftentimes listen to Christmas music all without the presents. It's like all the advantages of Christmas without the stress and fake-ness. It's good. :)
100. When I was younger we used to go to my Mom's friend's house to visit. Her friend was Russian and always had hot water for tea whenever we came to visit. She had a large family and there were always extra kids there who were visiting. I loved sitting with them and drinking tea and listening to their conversation (and occasionally putting in my own 2 cents worth I'm sure). I still love sitting with them and drinking tea. I always wanted to be that kind of adult. The kind who drinks tea and has tons of kids running in and out of their house.

Well, there are 100 facts about me. If anyone else is crazy enough to do this too, send me a comment so I can come see your list.

No comments: