Saturday, August 9, 2008

A meeting

Yesterday Mom, Adam and I met with a guy from Campus Crusade for Christ to talk about starting up a group on our campus. Yes, our campus is a community college, not a 4 year school. Yes, our school only consists of 1 floor of an old mill and sometimes the old, abandoned cafeteria upstairs. Yes, our student population isn't very big and has a very diverse age group. Yes, to all those things and more, but how great would it be to have a ministry on our campus? I've said it before, I hated going to school (I will be the first to stand up and say a lot of our teachers are mediocre and some are downright lazy and don't teach, but this isn't supposed to be about bashing our school...we'll save that for a different post sometime). And I still do. But I would love to help start up a ministry on the campus. How different would my school experience have been if there was a group like this set up when I got there? It might have been way different! Having a group of believers to encourage and pray with and for each other and the school and study the Bible with would have been SO awesome! But since there wasn't, I may be given the privilege of helping start one. I'm really excited! And one of the coolest things is there are at least 3 other people besides Adam and me (5 people isn't a big group, but at least there are 5) who want to help too and maybe more. We're still trying to find out who is interested. I hope that God will bless this group and bring about great things on the campus. Who thought I would actually be excited to start school? (I'll give you a hint, it definitely wasn't me!)

No comments: