Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Half Apron

I made this half apron just in case I am able to take a pottery class. I want to take one, and if I can work it into my schedule this fall, you may be seeing some pottery posts on here. :)So just in case I am able to do it, I made this half apron to help keep myself clean.
The back criss-crosses so I don't have to worry about making my ties long enough (mine always end up way too short! I think with one apron I made they were only 8 inches long.)
And it's reversible. :) I love reversible things. It was kinda tricky to make. I didn't have a pattern so I had to use my seam ripper a few times. All in all it only took me a couple of hours to make. It was a fun way to use up some fabric I had that wasn't big enough to make into a bag or skirt. Actually, the blue dotted fabric is a remnant from a skirt I made so I didn't need to try to make another skirt out of it.

I bet it would be useful for cooking too because I'm always getting grease on my shirt when I brown meat for dinner. Or I get flour all over my shirt when I'm baking something. I think it may be useful even if I can't take pottery classes.

But I still really want to do pottery.

2 comments:

Laura said...

That's so cute! I really must make myself some aprons... I'm hopelessly messy!

Becky said...

Cute!