Saturday, August 9, 2008

Knitting is on my mind.

I haven't done a lot of knitting lately. It seems that with more demands on my time I am really enjoying using a sewing machine because I get things accomplished faster. But I haven't totally turned my back on knitting or crocheting. I was at the grocery store today and I stopped to look at the knitting and crocheting magazines they had there. There were some really great projects in there! I didn't buy any of them, but I might like to try and copy some of their ideas and make my own stuff. It will probably just take a reeaalllly loooooong time! And if I do make anything even similar to what I saw in the magazines today, you can count on it being much simpler and easier than the originals. Because I'm a lazy crafter like that. Ha ha!

I'm going to go make some cookies (and wear the apron I made :D). We're going to visit John and Sarah tomorrow and we are bringing them cookies. This will be the first time I've baked in a few weeks. Because I've been cutting back on sugar. Yes, I'm still doing that and I still haven't noticed huge changes in my energy or weight. But I don't miss it too much (especially since I am still eating sugar, just smaller amounts). But hopefully as I get busier and involved in things that will be going on around here I'll notice that I have more energy. Cause right now I can sleep for 10 hours and still be tired during the day. That is not good!

I got stuff to finish my quilt finally so hopefully this weekend it will at least have bias tape around the edges. I have an idea of how I'm going to quilt it too. Can you tell I'm excited about this quilt? Sad isn't it???

No comments: