Saturday, February 23, 2008

Day 2 of being gluten-free

So I think I mentioned before that I am gluten intolerant but I do eat wheat/gluten almost every day. I've been trying to stop though because I've been really tired and my tummy hurts sometimes so I've been officially off gluten for 2 days now (I know, great big accomplishment, but every little bit helps and you have to start somewhere). It is hard to stay on a gluten free diet because you mostly have to cook everything you eat by scratch. And you can't eat all the lovely bready things you want to eat. So this is what I'm craving right now... recipe found here



I want to try to make this sometime. But I'm also using the gluten free diet as a chance to try to lose some lbs and I don't want to do a whole lot of sugar either. Pretty boring.

I think I've also mentioned that I'm really interested in natural health. I've been looking into different schools (all online because there doesn't seem to be any 4 year schools with natural/holistic degrees) to get into for nutrition or herbs or something like that. Anyway, this is what I've found that I've liked. The Global College of Natural Medicine and Clayton College of Natural Health. I'm thinking of doing GCNM's nutritional consultant course and they also have one on herbs. So since I'm moving and I have dropped out of school I think I might do this for a year while I'm waiting on my in-state residency and then maybe I will go back to school for nutrition if no one will accept my certification from GCNM. I am mostly just thinking out loud here, but I am interested.

Oh, and they came in! I love these two books!
Must dash. I'm off with my family to the mall (I wanted to go to Joann's because the books I ordered *In Stitches by Amy Butler and Simple Sewing by Lotta Jansdotter* came in yesterday and I feel this occasion calls for new fabric, but apparently my family does not feel that way and will not take me, lol), will write later!
Have a lovely weekend.

No comments: