Saturday, February 2, 2008

Sunday

It is much prettier outside today! It's sunny and warm...I like days like these. It's nice to have a little break from winter during winter. It's weird though because on Friday we had ice and 2 days later it's almost 50 degrees....

I never mentioned our little incident with our pellet stove on Friday. Friday morning my mom was cleaning out the pellet stove using the shop-vac and someone forgot to put some kind of cap on the back of it. Long story short, all of the soot that was vacuumed out of the stove ended up blowing out the back of the vacuum and got all over the kitchen, dining room and living room. There was so much soot in the air that it looked foggy inside. It was pretty bad. So I spent the morning cleaning off tables and chairs and counters and floors...it looks MUCH better now. Unfortunately our regular vacuum was being repaired so it took quite a while to clean everything.

Anyway, here is a picture of the skirt I made. The lighting is too bright. The skirt is actually darker than this. I made a black skirt using this pattern too which I liked.


My mom crochets. She asked for a bag to hold all her yarn for Christmas so I made this one for her. I didn't have a pattern, so I drafted one myself. It was a lot of fun. The front pocket has a place to put her crochet hooks and scissors. The inside can old about 8 rolls of yarn.

I made this bag for myself. It is my first attempt at applique. It was fun and only took about an hour to do. It was a practice run so hopefully the next one will be a little neater. :)

And finally this is Hank. He is an 8 month old Weimaraner puppy. He is sooo smart and full of personality and actually very calm for a male puppy of his breed.

I would really like to take a photography course. I have a few pictures that I have taken that I really like, but I think most of my photos are not so good. Or maybe I should pick up a few books from the library on digital photography.

One last thing. Tonight is Super Bowl Sunday and I really hope the Pats win!

No comments: