Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snow, Snow Go Away...

It is yucky here. I do not like this weather. I think it is weird too that one day it will be almost 70 degrees outside and then a week later there is ice and snow on the ground. I think I know why birds fly south for the winter. They have the right idea.

So enough of my whining. The snow is pretty. The family that came to see our house this weekend came and left in about 5 minutes. We haven't heard anything else from them. So I guess we are still waiting.
That's okay too though.

So I think I want to enter a 5k run. My cousin started running a couple of years back and I am inspired to try to get into enough shape to do that too. I found a website that has a training plan that I want to do as soon as it warms up enough to go outside and go to the park. The info can be found here. I am trying to lose a few lbs and get into shape and I'm hoping this will help. That's assuming I can even do it. :) I had decided to go off sugar and do a low-carb/high-protein diet for a week...I called it Gatkins since it was my own version of Atkins. Long story short: I did it for a day and felt great. But on day 2 I caved and blew the diet. I didn't even feel bad from no sugar. I just caved. And then I got to work on Monday and opened the fridge to put my lunch into it and was greeted by boxes of Little Caesar's pizza and cookie kits. I forgot that when one of the worker's kids came in with a fundraiser for the school I bought a tub of cookie dough and it had come in. I must have had a weak moment that day or something...I'm very ashamed of myself. I think I might try the diet again this week. Just for a few days anyway.

Well, so much for a crafting blog...this had nothing to do with crafting. :) It is also a journal blog though so I guess I'm not really breaking the rules. I have an idea for a photo set, but haven't had the time (or light really) to take any photos. But maybe sometime soon I will get around to it.

Peace out~

No comments: