Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 2 of Texas Trip-Thursday

Day 2 and we were preparing to head out to San Antonio to see Cheryl's brother's family. And also to see the Alamo and River Center/River Walk. But you'll hear more about that in the next post.
Anyway, we pulled out of the driveway and realized we had a flat tire. So that set us back a little bit. We had to get someone to come change the tire because Cheryl had had her tires changed or rotated or whatever it is they do to your tires and they put the lug nuts on so tight we couldn't get them off to change it ourselves. Okay, we got that fixed and we were off. This is a sign we saw on the way out.
We made it to San Antonio!
Adam played some pool with David. They got me to play a game with Adam too. I was awful. David had to give me some pointers. Hopefully by the next time I play I will be a little better.
I didn't get any pictures of Erica, Cheryl's sister-in-law. She is such a sweet person! She made us feel so at home. And she got us to try guacamole for the first time. I was intimidated by the color at first, but that is some good stuff. :)
This is Olivia. She won a Dell laptop through the Young Writers and Illustrators contests for her story. She's only 6 or 7 years old. I think I was about that age when Mom and Dad got our first computer.
Here is Ezra, Cheryl, and Olivia. The proud Auntie with her 2 adoring nieces and nephews. These kids, especially Ezra, are so funny when they are with Cheryl. The next morning we were getting ready to leave to go to the Alamo and everything and Ezra said to Cheryl, "No! You can't leave. You haven't spent enough time with me yet!" And he wouldn't let her leave to come home until she told him when she was coming back and how long she would stay.

After the kids went to sleep we stayed up and watched Dan in Real Life and had coffee and we just hung out and talked. It was really fun. I enjoyed myself. I first met David and Erica back in 2006 when I first went to Texas. It was cool to see how much the kids had grown up. They are a neat family!And yes, Adam enjoyed his computer time there just like he does here at home. He looks like this at home too. :)

The next day we went to the Alamo and River Center. I'll write about that next time. :)

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Olivia and Ezra are so big now! I'd love to visit them again sometime.