Monday, July 21, 2008

Tea party with my sisters

When you are younger you take your family for granted. Yes, I know this is the kind of thing your parents tell you and you immediately dismiss from your memory, but at least in my situation, it's true. When you get a little bit older you realize that your siblings can be some of the closest friends you will ever have. I mean, you've lived together for so long and have been mean and friendly, sad and scared together, asked for forgiveness and forgiven each other...you definitely have a strong bond.

I am grateful for my sisters. They are lovely girls and I'm proud to be related to them. As mentioned in the paragraph above, we've had our moments where we haven't gotten along, but I'm grateful that we have been able to get through those times and still be close.Holly hadn't been to Shaharazades before so Jacqueline and I took her there in honor of her birthday. Her birthday is actually today but we took her there a couple of weeks ago.
I can't believe how much she has grown up. She is 14 now. Adam is 18...I feel so old. It's weird!
I liked our tea cups!
If you order the tea service they bring you a tray with sandwiches (and if you're lucky their Indian pizza...I'm sure that's not what it's called, but I'm not sure what else to call it. It's definitely not Pizza Hut.), scones, cookies and quiche. It's a very pretty set up. They also bring you a pot of tea of your choosing. They have so many different teas to choose from. I think you practically need a course on teas to know what you're ordering!
I love being with my sisters. I hope we always stay close even though we're getting older. Lives change. People move and get married and have kids, start school, etc., and their worlds are changed forever. I hope that if our relationships change though, it is only because they are getting stronger.

I love you guys!

No comments: