Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New job woes...

Yes, I've only been there 2 days and woe is me. I feel SO slow! Everyone has been very kind to me and I like them all. No one has made me feel bad. It is more of a personal thing I guess. I can't stand being new and not knowing what I'm doing and slowing people down. Now when I've been someplace for a while and someone new has come on and needed help it never bothered me at all to stop what I was doing and help them, even if it did slow me down a bit and I'd be there late. Probably because I know how awful it feels to be the newest person in a place. I'm very lucky that my new doctor and co-workers are patient folks who have been great these past couple of days. Maybe in a few weeks I'll look back at this post and breathe a sigh of relief because I'll be more comfortable there. Or at least, I hope so!

1 comment:

PilgrimHeiress said...

You will get the hang of it. Enjoy your newbie status. It's part of life you'll get to experience again and again and part of the patience you're learning to extend to your self now will help you be realistic about expectations then. And you've already taken in the lesson so that it benefits others in your presence who are new.