Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Adam!

Where has the time gone? Adam turned 18 today. It seems so weird that now 3 of us are "adults." Holly will be 14 on Monday. Somehow, I sometimes find myself shocked that we are getting older. That probably sounds funny, but I'm going to be 20 this year and Jacqueline just turned 22. Everyone is starting to move out of that kid/teenager age. I guess it's exciting. It's different from what I'm used to. I think I like being an "adult" better than being a minor. I get to drive. :) I hope Adam has a great year and enjoys his new age.

Today Matt and Tasha Landry came down from Ohio to visit Matt and Jacqueline. Becky and Andy also came down to show their house and they are all staying down here overnight. It's nice to have people down here with us.  We played 2 games of dutch blitz where we split into teams and switched off on different rounds and that was fun. We ate a super-frozen home-made chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake in honor of Adam's 18th. All in all, it's been a really nice day.

I finished my first full week at my new job. By day three I was starting to enjoy myself! I think that maybe I missed being an assistant.  Hmm...whodavthunkit? Ha ha! I'm still considering doing dental hygiene if my neck can take it (thank God for chiropractic!), even though scraping teeth isn't my favorite thing in the world. Flipping burgers probably wouldn't be my favorite thing in the world either but our economy isn't stable and cleaning teeth pays a whole lot more than I would probably make starting off at another job and for only 2 years of schooling too. I just am thinking maybe it would be wise to not completely rule it out. I wouldn't want to work in WV though. I'm sorry, but our teeth stereotypes are just too true in too many situations. Don't take this the wrong way, because there are lots of people here with great teeth. But then you also have a pretty fair group that have calculus out the wazoo and it's just nasty trying to clean them out. I'd try to go somewhere where the teeth are generally a little bit cleaner. :D It's still something I'm mulling over.

Well, anyway, I have pictures from tonight and this weekend is just beginning! Aunt Liz is supposed to come down tomorrow and then on Sunday we are heading over to John and Sarah's to attend a citizenship party! Our dear friend Sarah was sworn in today after a lengthy, tedious process and we feel that it calls for a celebration! Hopefully I will have a post put together soon. And I also have pictures from Mom's birthday that I'd like to put up soon. I got a little behind when I went to Texas, but I have this week off work (my new doctor is going out of town for a week so I have off!) so I should have plenty of time to catch up!

Good night. :)

No comments: